Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Blood Angels list for club tournament

Our annual friendly club 40K tournament is on the horizon. I'm going for my hatrick of best themed and don't care much for actually winning games, but this list has been okay in playtesting. I don't think you can do much better with the Baal Strike Force in 1500 points. Stormravens are nice and all but you can't have ~400 points off the board for 2 turns in Maelstrom.



Dante (LOW)
Librarian (HQ) with fusion pistol, ML1, jump pack, force sword
Scouts (Troops) [5] with boltguns
Tactical Squad (Troops) [5] with flamer, combi-flamer, drop pod - Dante rides in here
Death Company (Elite) [10] with jump packs and 2 power fists
Command Squad (Elite) [5] with apothecary, champion (power sword), 3 meltas, jump packs
Furioso Dreadnought (Elite) with drop pod, 2 power fists, 2 heavy flamers
Furioso Dreadnought (Elite) with drop pod, 2 power fists, 2 heavy flamers
Land Speeder (Fast Attack) with 2 multi-meltas
Land Speeder (Fast Attack) with 2 multi-meltas
Land Speeder (Fast Attack) with heavy bolter and Typhoon missile launcher

It's a pretty straightforward list. I drop in with flamers and try to get first blood, but mostly just provide a distraction so my command squad and death company can get a charge off. Dante's 5 ablative wound tactical marines usually die but he can then fly off and start killing things in the backfield. The land speeders aren't ob-sec but they are quick so they can score objectives, and all that melta is pretty effective at popping tanks and knights. The dreadnoughts have been surprisingly good against mid-range lists. 13 ARM on the front is no joke and makes you basically invincible in close combat, even against things with power fists.

The minimum troops is sensible in the Baal Strike Force because you don't have ob-sec, which means marines suck. You do get 4 elite slots though, which makes space for all the stuff that's actually good. In some games I intend to just focus on killing as much shit as possible and hope to win by tabling. I probably don't have the firepower, but I can be surprisingly effective if people come to me. I really hope some daemonkin player scouts into me.

I am very weak to monstrous creatures, especially Wraithknights because they won't even care about power fists. Other than that I am okay, and I've tried to make myself good at killing marines because that's the main thing you play against at our club tourney. Should be fun charging people all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment